The iOS Apps that are developed and submitted must meet these requirements in order to be eligible to win the contest and are subject to verification by the sponsoring organization:
- Must be a native iOS application and written in Objective-C.
- Must be developed no sooner than the kick-off event.
- Must be fully functional and working at the time of review.
- Must meet submission requirements for the App Store.
- May not contain any previously developed code, except where permitted by the license agreement from the provider. Any open source code must be acknowledged in the About screen or settings bundle of the App.
The students that create the app will maintain full ownership rights although the code must be submitted to the challenge organizers to verify that it meets eligibility requirements and to pre-load it on the iPad for the demo presentation.